There are some programming terms such as delay entry time and delay leaving time, bypass zone, at home arm etc. The professional designed alarm system will have these functions for installer to program alarm system.
But most people maybe not clear of the meaning and ignore them. If you understand the terms well and set as what you need, the alarm system will be much more convenient and secured.
So, no matter professional security service or DIY security alarm installer, understanding the alarm system programming terms is important and essential.
1. What is entry time & leaving time?
Entry time: It is alarm delay time. Arm the system, and when it is triggered, it will send information out after the entry time set. That would enable people to disarm when miss trigger occurred.
Leaving time: It is arm delay time. Arm the systems, and it will start to arm after leaving time set. That will enable people to leave home after house is armed.
2. What is at home arm/disarm and away home arm/disarm
At home arm/disarm: You can set some defense zones into one group, and use remote controller to arm/disarm with one click to set all. For example, you can set 1st floor, outdoor detectors armed but 2nd floor disarmed when you are at home.
Away home arm/disarm: You can set some defense zones into one group and use remote controller to arm/disarm with one click to set all. For example, you can set all floors armed when you are away home.
3. What is defense zones attribution?
The zones attribution include:
1. zone disabled. The control panel will not accept any information from this zone.
2. Burglar zones. The zones will be arm/disarmed etc. controlled via master control panel. Alert information will be burglar alarm.
3. Medical help: The zones will not be arm/disarmed controlled via panel but 24 hours armed. Alarm information sent will be medical help alert.
4. Fire alarm zone: The zones will not be arm/disarm controlled via panel but 24 hours armed. Information sent will be fire alarm.
5. Emergency zones: The zones will not be arm/disarm controlled via alarm panel but 24 hours armed. Information sent will be emergency alarm.
6. Gas leakage zones: The zones will not be arm/disarm controlled via panel but 24 hours armed. Alert information sent will be gas leakage alarm.
7. Door bell zones: The zones will not be arm/disarmed controlled via panel. But only door bell sound will be sent on-site. It will not dial out.
8. By pass zones: The zones are in non working status and not be controlled by alarm panel. When the detector is fault, or the protected area is temporarily not need to be protected, the zone can be set as by pass zone.
4. Telephone attribution:
Telephone attribution include:
1. Telephone disabled. The system will not dial this telephone when alarm.
2. Voice format: Voice information will be sent when alarm.
3. CID format: CID information will be sent when alarm.
4. Arm Center: Only dial when system is armed.
5. Disarm Center: Only dial when system is disarmed.
6. Low power: Only dial when panel is with low power or AC power off.
5. Setting dialing times:
It is to set the maximum times of dialing when alarm information is not dealt with.
If the user answered the call and disarmed the system, it will not dial any other telephones.
If the user answered the call and did not disarm the system but other operation, it will not dial this telephone but dial other telephones.
6. Setting ringing times of remote controlling:
You can set the ringing times to accept remote controlling such as arm/disarm, listening etc. via telephone or mobile.
7. Breaking into alert function:
Breaking into alert means when telephone line is occupied by telephone extension, the system will break into dial alarm and recover then.
8. Smart defense zones:
It is set to avoid false alarms. When the zones is set as smart zones, the system will not send alert immediately, but wait till other status occurs in preset time.