Alarm System improvement

Service for products after sales.
Post Reply
vedard
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:17 am

Alarm System improvement

Post by vedard » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:22 am

From Hardwired alarm system to wireless alarm system, from PSTN network alarm to GSM alarm, from telephone programming to keypad programming then smart phone app programming.....
Alarm system is keeping improving.
PIR detector to PIR and MW technology. Then Anti mask logic analysis MCU processing, low power consumption.....
Intrusion detection technology is improving to avoid false alarm.
What is next?
CCTV and Alarm system integration.
The security camera is with function of alarm panel. With wireless detectors and the camera, video alarm system is there. You see what you want to see anywhere anytime. Home is at your hand.
Is it the end?
No, people need smarter one. They keep complaining and products keep improving.
Let us complain.

caroline
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:41 am

Driveway Alarm systems

Post by caroline » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:31 pm

Everyday something new is happening in alarm system improvement. Have you heard about the driveaway alarms, which senses any motion in the driveway and the receiver reponds with alarm. I recently happened to read this in a blog http://www.vedardalarm.com/blog/program ... detectors/. Worth trying!

Boyce Noun
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:38 am

Re: Alarm System improvement

Post by Boyce Noun » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:46 am

As far as I am concerned, alarm system is a little thing but matters. It matters our house property in case of fire. It matter our living security cause if go into your home without invitation and you don't know. It is dangerous sometimes.I will show what kind of alarm system I am using.
smoke detector safety

Ranee
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Re: Alarm System improvement

Post by Ranee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:50 pm

Boyce Noun wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:46 am
As far as I am concerned, alarm system is a little thing but matters. It matters our house property in case of fire. It matter our living security cause if go into your home without invitation and you don't know. It is dangerous sometimes.I will show what kind of alarm system I am using.
smoke detector safety
eEEE, I agree with this! :)

vedard
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:17 am

Security System and Smart Home

Post by vedard » Wed May 23, 2018 12:59 pm

The difference of security System and smart home:
Smart home is the efficient residential facilities and home affairs agenda management system.
It adopts security technology, automatic control technology, audio and video technology to integrate facilities relating to home life.
The smart home system can enhance home safety, convenience, comfort, artistry, and to achieve eco-friendly living environment.
Security System is dangers precaution system and protection system. It helps people for ready to cope with attack or avoid victimization.
So, it can enable protected object at security state without dangers and invasion.
Security System is important part of smart home system. The system requires alarm immediately in a arising of variety of emergency situations.
And it is the basic requirement of intelligent smart home system for providing safety and comfort living environment.
The development of security system and smart home system:
Smart home system manufacturers are focusing on the development of smart appliance such as TV set, air conditioners,
drinking fountains, sweeping robots and other devices connecting via a network with a smart phone.
The development requires remote control and easy integration of each products.
So, the products network is open and linked and it requires higher secure of the system. Not only hardware of the security system, but also communication protocol, application software requires higher secure.
What security devices are necessary for smart home systems?
The security protection of entry and exit part is necessary. The detection of fire, gas, smoke and water leakage is necessary.

So, there are some necessary security system.
1. Smart Lock: Door entry is the most important home entrance. Smart Lock solved the problem of unlock way and security. It uses ID card, IC card, mobile app, fingerprint etc. new ways to unlock the door. Moreover, it report and record lock and unlock status, and it can capture and record picture.
2. Door Switch and Window Switch: Door and window switches are in charge of entrance security protection as well. But they are activate detector and can make alarm on-spot with siren strobe and send door close and open status.
3. Infrared Detectors: The infrared detectors can sense abnormal movement at defined protected area. It sends alarm event of abnormal movement detected to user and makes on-spot sounder and lighter warning.
4. Security Camera: Security Camera is video device of the security system. It is connected to TCP/IP network and can be used to monitor home anywhere anytime.
The updated security IP camera is with function of self patrol, two way audio communication, multiple user sharing and high definition with infrared LED night vision.
5. Smoke Detector: Smoke detector is one of environment security sensor. There are many types of integrated smoke detector for smart home security system now.
For example, the integrated smoke detector can sense humidity, temperature, sunshine etc. of environment as well. The smoke detector can be with PIR to sense invasion motion as well.
6. Gas detector: Combustible gas detector is generally installed in kitchen room. It is used to detect flammable gas leakage. It can trigger solenoid valve and shut off gas source when gas leakage is sensed. It makes sound and light alarm and send alarm event to user.
7. Water leakage detector: It is installed at some places of home where water leakage may lead to electric leakage or objects spoiled.
8. Smart power Socket: It is used as connection of power source and electric appliance. It can be controlled remotelly by smart phone app or security system.
It can be programmed to supply power when electric device is pluged. So, it largely enhances the electric device security.

julian
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: Alarm System improvement - APP alarm tones suggestion

Post by julian » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi

I have your ST-VGT alarm and it is a good system, but I think it can be made even better.

The main software improvement I would suggest is to the app alarm.

App alarms currently come through to your Android phone using either the Android notification tones or the music tones, but do NOT use the alarm tones.

To me this is a mistake. If the phone is on silent mode these two tones are both muted, so if there is a fire or burglary alarm it can be missed or a response delayed because you didn't hear it straight away.

I would request an improvement to the app by allowing options by the user as to how each zone/type of alarm is relayed via the app (CMS). I suggest that in the app where you set the alarm type (e.g. CMS/Phone/Message or Email) for the CMS option (this is the 'app' alarms) there should also be an option to select the notification type, i.e. by 'normal notification', 'music', or by use of the android 'alarm tone' which does not get muted by silent mode.

The volume of each of these tones can be set independently in Android so for instance if it was my choice I would choose the Fire and Burglary alarms to be set as Android Alarm tones and I would have the alarm tone volume set high, so that regardless of where I was or what I was doing I would hear it. Others might wish to use a tone that can be muted if they are in a meeting for example... that would then be their choice, at the moment there is no choice.

For information I am further restricted by my system because I cannot get a mobile signal so I cannot use the Message option, and the Email process does not support SSL so it doesn't seem to work with gmail. So the App is my only way of getting alarms, it is my preferred way anyway.

This suggestion may also be relevant to other models, but is based on my experience with the ST-VGT.

Thanks
Julian

vedard
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:17 am

Re: Alarm System improvement - APP alarm tones suggestion

Post by vedard » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:59 am

julian wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:29 pm
Hi

I have your ST-VGT alarm and it is a good system, but I think it can be made even better.

The main software improvement I would suggest is to the app alarm.

App alarms currently come through to your Android phone using either the Android notification tones or the music tones, but do NOT use the alarm tones.

To me this is a mistake. If the phone is on silent mode these two tones are both muted, so if there is a fire or burglary alarm it can be missed or a response delayed because you didn't hear it straight away.

I would request an improvement to the app by allowing options by the user as to how each zone/type of alarm is relayed via the app (CMS). I suggest that in the app where you set the alarm type (e.g. CMS/Phone/Message or Email) for the CMS option (this is the 'app' alarms) there should also be an option to select the notification type, i.e. by 'normal notification', 'music', or by use of the android 'alarm tone' which does not get muted by silent mode.

The volume of each of these tones can be set independently in Android so for instance if it was my choice I would choose the Fire and Burglary alarms to be set as Android Alarm tones and I would have the alarm tone volume set high, so that regardless of where I was or what I was doing I would hear it. Others might wish to use a tone that can be muted if they are in a meeting for example... that would then be their choice, at the moment there is no choice.

For information I am further restricted by my system because I cannot get a mobile signal so I cannot use the Message option, and the Email process does not support SSL so it doesn't seem to work with gmail. So the App is my only way of getting alarms, it is my preferred way anyway.

This suggestion may also be relevant to other models, but is based on my experience with the ST-VGT.

Thanks
Julian
Thanks for your suggestion Julian!
There is limitation of mobile phone manufacturer SDK for third party development. We will study the androd alarm tone you mentioned and if it is available, we will improve it. Thanks again!

julian
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: Alarm System improvement

Post by julian » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi,

I think from looking at the info I can easily find on the when you are currently using RingtoneManager.TYPE_NOTIFICATION or TYPE_RINGTONE.

What I am suggesting is that you give selectable options for the users to choose which tone to use, and add TYPE_ALARM to the options.

This should allow the alarm to override the silent mode. It may require users to set a default alarm on their phone, and then cancel it, before it works.

For some possible help see info on
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/261 ... in-android \nd
And the following site gives an example of how to set an alarm.
https://blog.mikesir87.io/2013/04/andro ... rmmanager/

Regards
Julian

vedard
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:17 am

Re: Alarm System improvement

Post by vedard » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:09 am

julian wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:55 pm
Hi,

I think from looking at the info I can easily find on the when you are currently using RingtoneManager.TYPE_NOTIFICATION or TYPE_RINGTONE.

What I am suggesting is that you give selectable options for the users to choose which tone to use, and add TYPE_ALARM to the options.

This should allow the alarm to override the silent mode. It may require users to set a default alarm on their phone, and then cancel it, before it works.

For some possible help see info on
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/261 ... in-android \nd
And the following site gives an example of how to set an alarm.
https://blog.mikesir87.io/2013/04/andro ... rmmanager/

Regards
Julian
We forwarded your suggestion to our app programmer for study. We will improve the app sounder and launch revised version. If you have any more question, welcome to post it. Thank you so much for feedback and help!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest