Intelligent Community Security will always be with problem in use and operation process. There are causes of design flaws, installation impropriety and improper use of security equipments. Here are some common problems and solutions.
Q&A:Confused mark or no label of wiring
Cabling system building is the longest security system construction period, the largest input of human resources, and also the most important part of the whole system. Most of them are concealed works in modern residential area construction, and they are permanent exist.
Chaos mark or even no mark Wiring leads large trouble to the installation and maintenance of the project. At the process of equipment installation and commissioning time, no marked wiring will take the second manpower to measure the wiring. After completion of the project still marked unidentified or not marked wiring will cause difficulties to the maintenance work. So in the wiring process, each line must be clearly marked, so that not only can save installation costs, but also facilitate the installation and commissioning of the project.
Community Security System building
Q&A: No waterproof and sun protection measures for outdoor wiring
The outdoor wiring must have waterproof and sun-proof measures to prolong the system life and ensure the security system stability.
1. Wiring system by connecting terminals indoor as far as possible even extenting wiring. Can use hand in hand wiring for bus system.
2. The outdoor terminal of the system can be sealed. The treatment causes inconvenience for system maintenance but can prolong system life and enhance reliability. If need to disassemble the wiring, it must be re-sealed at the end.
3. Using outdoor distribution box for all outdoor termination of the wiring. Put all outdoor line terminals into the terminal box. This method not only solve the outdoor end waterproof sun-proof problem but also easy maintenance.
Q&A: The installation height of intercom host is not appropriate
Most of the intercom host is installed at the bottom of 1.5 meters from the ground. But the host height are different for different manufacturers, the specific needs of the installation height must be based on the entity concerned. It should be in accordance with the standard of the height of the camera, so as to make the indoor monitor more clearly see the visitors. There are some residential units gates in front of the ladder, thus causing the visitors standing height is not the bottom of the door frame bottom but one or two steps lower. The installation position of the intercom host height should be confirmed according to the spot.
Most of the intercom hosts are not water-proof. If they are installed on wall without rainshed， the security system stability and using life will reduce.
1. Install the intercom host on the gate.
2. Add rainshed or waterproof kit for the intercom host.
Q&A: closed-circuit monitoring system and power supply system are in the same tube
Put closed circuit television line and power lines parallel and even in the same pipeline. The monitored images will be distorted cause of the power electric interference.
1. Use better shielding effect cable or even double shielding cable.
2. Even in the same pipeline, use plurality of line pipe and tube wiring. Not wiring the circuit in same line pipe of the the power line.
3. When wiring in elevator, make sure to get distance between the power line. The elevator is using a strong power, the interference is large. The greater the longer distance between the CCTV line and power supply line.
4. Increase anti-interference equipment.
Q&A: Exposing household privacy in closed circuit monitoring system
The community monitor can easily see the residents’ house, the home owner’s privacy will be exposed imperceptibly. If there is a video data gratuitous transfer, it will cause great harm to the owners, there may even make a lawsuit.
1. Select appropriate location to install the security cameras. The security cameras should be mainly installed in the square and traffic corridors and other public places.
2. The security cameras should avoid to toward to residential direction especially residents gate, doors and windows, balcony.
Q&A: Parking card reader location is not appropriate
There are ID, IC two types card readers with legibility distance from 10 cm to 10 meters. For the long distance card reader, the driver does not actively take the card, as long as the card is placed in the car, it can be automatically read when the car pass through the card reader. For the close to 10 cm card reader, the driver must roll down the window and took the card in front of the card reader. So the reader must be installed in the position where driver can easily reach. Some areas due to restrictions on the site, the vehicle can not turn in and out and smoothly access the card reader. The drivers must get off to access to card readers. It caused inconvenience for residents.
Solution: Fully inspect the site, select the appropriate location to install parking management equipment.
Q&A: Perimeter protection system is installed as normally open alarm mode
There are normally closed (N/C) and normally open (N/O) two types alarm modes for wired alarm systems. But N/O is not fit for perimeter protection system installation. For N/O circuit, when the security system is cut off, the system will not trigger alarm. For N/C circuit, when the security system circuit is cut off, the system will trigger alarm.
Solution:N/C circuit is suggested for perimeter security system burglar alarm.
Q&A: Electronic patrol route is not suitable
There are wired electronic patrol and wireless electronic patrol. Wireless electronic patrol is with advantages of easy installation and maintenance and stable system. So, wireless electronic patrol is popular nowadays. Improper patrol route will cause inconvenience for security patrol staff. It may require the patrol staff passing the lawn to arrive patrol location. At rainy and snowy days, that caused great inconvenience.
1. Design patrol route as “S” style and without blind corner.
2. Patrol point should be installed in the places where the patrol staff can easily reach, such as the location of the roadside, the front of the unit gate.
Q&A：The home security system PIR is installed toward to the windows
The false alarm may be produced by improper security sensor installation. If the Infrared Detector (PIR) is installed toward to the windows, the movement and activity in outdoor may produce false alarm.
Avoid to install indoor PIR toward to windows or choose multiple intrusion technology security sensor for strong environment interference resistance.
Conclusion: There are many problems and difficults installing community security systems. Only if we thoroughly inspect the site and strickly install the security system according to instruction, the community security system can work smoothly. The later maintenance can be easy with properly planed and installed community security system.